Everything is going very well with the doc. After I got over his smart ass mouth, he’s a pretty awesome guy! Great manners and he PAYS for things, even when I say we can go dutch. I can’t count the numerous cheap ass dates that I’ve been on! SMH! NO home training! Anyway…He’s an all around nice guy, and we’ve been spending a lot of time together, so we’ll see where this goes. I’m SO OVER kissing frogs that I decided to be on my best behavior so I can land this damn Prince – a girl is getting old! (I was going to write a retraction to my last post – but I didn’t feel like it.) Being as though he almost always works on the weekends, I probably won’t have a Valentine this upcoming weekend so I decided to come up with a list that WE single folk can do this Valentine’s Day. Here’s my top 10.
Top 10 Things to do as a Single Person on Valentines Day:
- Get Drunk. Yup I said it. There’s nothing wrong with a little booze on occasion, especially if you have some awesome friends to get drunk with! (Don’t get too drunk, you don’t want to wake up butt ass naked with a stranger in your bed. SMH)
- If you’re single, WITHOUT children, go to your nearest daycare, stand outside and view the madness that you’ve luckily had the chance to avoid thus far.
- If you do have children – give them a hug. Love is love, no matter who it comes from. Be appreciative.
- Some people say that you should send yourself roses – damn that! They’re just going to wither and die. Use that $60 + towards giving yourself the most amazing night that you’ve had in a long time. While you’re at it, buy yourself an insanely chic outfit to look your best in while painting the town red – Valentine’s red!
- Make that move!! Whomever it is that you secretly admire-go ahead and MAKE THAT MOVE! My mom always says closed mouths don’t get fed. OPEN it. If you get shot down just blame it on the alcohol…
- Reflect. Instead of feeling blue take this time to get to know you. If you haven’t already, do a teensy bit of reflecting as to why you may be single. Remember, it’s not always them. (As fabulously-wonderful that I am, I have sh*t that I need to work on too) After you’re finished trying to do some soul searching – get one of those cocktails we talked about earlier.
- Listen to the saddest damn love song you can find and feel lucky that you aren’t going through that “make me wanna jump off of a bridge” emotional turmoil depicted in the lyrics. (Here’s some sad shit for you to listen to.) Not everyone in a relationship is HAPPY. Thank your lucky stars that you aren’t in a relationship with some miserable ass person that you can’t seem to get rid of. *Cheers* to doing bad all by yourself.
- Have a “girl’s or guy’s” night out. Make it your mission to get at least 2 numbers. Shoot – if they’re out without a mate, they’re probably single too! Get those digits!!! (I need to plan this for myself – we’ll see if the doc has anything up his sleeve)
- Get Drunk. I can’t stress this enough. I thought that I should take the number nine spot to reiterate. Oddly enough, a buddy of mine is getting their 5 year – Alcoholics Anonymous coin the following day and asked me to attend his meeting. Hope I won’t be hungover…
- The MOST important thing you should do this Valentine’s Day…wait for it….*drum roll please*…TOUCH YOURSELF. It’s ok. I won’t tell anyone. Everyone does it. If they say that they don’t then they’re lying. Go on. You can do it. I’m rooting for you. Light some candles if you have to…but by all means…Get ‘er done!!!!!
I hope you enjoy your V-Day as much as I plan to! I’m going to do ALL of the above! Although…I usually do everything on this list on a routine basis…some of you aren’t that lucky so enjoy your February 14th in EPIC Tiffany fashion!!